Recognising the impact of tax implications on almost all commercial and financial transactions, we ensure that our lawyers receive updated training in this field from top local tax advisors, particularly in the light of the frequent amendments to corporate tax law in Malta. We work closely with local and foreign tax advisors who have extensive experience in corporate tax planning on a large number of corporate and project finance transactions these being largely modelled around tax-efficient structures.
Malta's favourable tax regime, together with a flexible and wide-ranging system of double tax relief, is a significant driver for a number of international clients establishing companies in Malta. The significance of this area requires that we carry the necessary skills and resources to advise on the implications of Malta tax on a transaction. We advise clients on the various tax implications of international corporate structures for undertaking their businesses - and for making acquisitions of businesses - outside Malta as well as for general corporate restructuring.
Direct taxation - corporate
- tax planning in terms of applicable exemptions deductions and benefits;
- advice on beneficial fiscal regimes;
- tax advice in relation to corporate restructuring and mergers and acquisitions;
- international tax planning in terms of the implications of cross-border transactions and the available relief.
Direct taxation – individuals
- tax advice relating to available exemptions and deductions;
- international tax planning in terms of favourable tax regimes and structures;
- residency schemes;
- tax benefits available to shareholders.
Indirect taxation and implications of duty regimes
- structuring advice in terms of the implications of Value Added Tax (VAT);
- fiscal advice relating to stamp duty payable and other duty or tax payable under other indirect taxation regimes;
- tax litigation;
- providing assistance required in disputes with the Revenue;
- representation in all tribunals and courts of Malta in relation to disputes of a fiscal nature.